The Times We Live In

Forgive me, it has been almost two years since my last confession...

A lot can happen in two years. Moved to a new state, started a business, moved to another state with the business to start over. Fell out of the chair for the first time flat on my back, but no harm done. Fell in love. Fell out of love. Lost weight, then gained weight. Took up more job training. Learned a lot about cows, and far more than I care to about people. Got a new president... that was weird... and I will be 40 years-old in two months. I must admit I did not do a great deal of writing over that time so if I'm a bit rusty, forgive me.

When I first started this blog four years ago it was to tell the story of my life with spinal cord injury as context for the experimental stem cell treatment I received in September 2013 and the subsequent physical therapy process after. By the Fall of 2015 I started to feel as if the angst and deep need to put words around my years of living in a chair was spent. I had vented enough and I needed time to focus on other things.

Over the last few months I noticed a shift in my attitude towards writing and with all that is happening in the world I felt I had more to say, but not for me... for you.

We live in some crazy times. Weird weather, divided government, topsy-turvy economics, wars... it just seems so confusing. Recovery and learning to live with a traumatic injury, illness or event is difficult enough on its own without the added pressures of wondering if you make all your bills this month. Maybe you're financially secure, but the emotional pressure of trying to understand what you have lived through is unbearable. Maybe you have served your country and returned home to trouble, frustration, and confusion, feeling alone.

Well, this new phase of my writing will be for you. While yes, I will speak largely from the experience of spinal cord cord injury, the journey back from trauma can be a long, lonely, and often misunderstood process. However, not an impossible one. I am not a doctor, but I do have something to say. If truth be told though, if we open our hearts to healing we all can become doctors in our way and bring healing to each other. That is what this blog is about

So stay tuned in. Subscribe to our email and follow us on social media. Engage in discussion in the comments section below and on Facebook for more. Together we will work together.

Thanks for reading.

Comments